Monday 15 July 2013

Background

There is being busy, and then there is being ....well let us just say that I'm working rather hard at the moment which means the railway is slightly neglected.

Actually I'm not sure that isn't a good thing because time away from a project lets you come back to it with relatively fresh eyes, sometimes literally so.

I'm more certain now that I'm closer to rescuing the yard and platform surfaces now that they have really dried out. I've also reconsidered the back-scene, and think I'll be replacing my rough hand painted version for one of the recently released Gaugemaster photo back-scenes before they become too hackneyed.

I've bought some of the Wills point rodding to try out. It does look large compared to the MSE products I've been using so far, but I'm wondering if it might be a better choice for someone as hamfisted as me.



One feature of photos of the line towards the end of its life was the number of pictures of the goods yards that show large numbers of drainage pipes.What I don't know is if this is truly representative or just a coincidence, but I think they are going to have to feature in the next version. Harburn Hobbies do these palletised versions, that might just do the job, at least until I come up with a better solution. The lorry is another Basetoys one. On the plus side the cab is slightly more detailed than the AEC, and it is an example of a Leyland lorry of a type that features in some photos of the goods yards. On the downside the lovely signwriting proclaims that the owners hail from Nr. Halifax and this particular example was clearly assembled on a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment