Wednesday 31 July 2019

Tug



The new, if possibly temporary, loco for the ELR arrived whilst I was in Ireland last week.
I returned with a nasty case of shingles, which, along with doing over 2,400m of climbing on the bike has left me shattered. So unpacking the loco and coach is turning into a slow process.

I've also managed to do some minor damage to the coach roof. The way it was packed resembled the Sofa on the Staircase. 

The loco is a Phoenix Tug fitted with a rather lovely brass tram controller . Keith at Phoenix deserves a special mention for getting in touch to provide me with all the relevant manuals without beign asked. It is a bit of a beast and as I mentioned at the start I'm not sure how it fits into my long term plans, especially since several people have already made me offers for it. If I do keep it there a few things I would change over time. A chain guard in the cab being a priority with animals and children around. It has the parts for a cab as well. In theory it could even be converted to a 10 1/4" gauge petrol loco.



No comments:

Post a Comment