Thursday 2 November 2023

Big Decisions

 The last few weeks have been tough.

Issy has just undergone major spinal surgery and is recuperating . She is not a good patient to be nursing at home.

On Friday we made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to Daisy, our seventeen-year-old toy poodle.  She had coped well with going blind and deaf, but in the end, it was clear she was suffering from doggy dementia and had no quality of life.

The house purchase has stalled, not helped by the vendor not being on the internet.

And I've decided to take voluntary redundancy after thirteen years of both chronic and acute stress. I'll admit the prospect of retirement has crossed my mind, but there is a lot more I want to achieve. Not least finally doing something about my book deal, and focussing more on my activity developing international standards for AI.

Meanwhile, there has been another delivery that is going straight into a packing case.







I was in two minds about buying this, especially since I went for the deluxe version with DCC sound. 
I decided against the Lion version on the basis that it is as much of a pastiche of the original as the Thunderbolt is. I don't imagine building a layout around it, but a photo plank with some sort of shuttle program might be on the cards. 

It has been some time since I last played with DCC, and whilst I take the view it isn't the solution for every layout, I think it will have a use on at least one of my long-term plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment