Monday 7 October 2024

The Waterworks

I've had some great visits to local museums, events and railway lines this Summer. I guess my luck couldn't hold.

On the canal not far from us stands Stockton Brook Waterworks

I've been dying to see inside, and for ages have been looking forward to their open day.

Unfortunately, although I was there for an hour, I could never find anyone free to talk to me, and there was a total dearth of information boards to tell you what you were looking at. Hence no captions.

There was obviously a lot of chat going on between people who already knew each other, and other attendees saw it as a great success. It left me feeling slightly depressesd and if the fault was on my side, though a visit to the Stafford Model Raily Show the next dispelled that thought. Still, I got some nice picture, although the mood of them sums up how I was feeling. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment