Saturday 25 May 2024

Solace in Soller

I haven't touched Gerralt Rd for a couple of weeks. Partly, that is deliberate because I'm still working out the broad composition, but mostly, life has been getting in the way.

I've been finalising some freelance work, as well as delivering a lot of podcasts on AI for various organisations. By far, the biggest drag on my time has been the care crisis around my mother and her partner, which got very messy and sad. The upshot is mum is now living with us.

On top of that we had a family holiday with most of the children and all four grandchildren. It wasn't my idea of a holiday, being in a souless resort, but I was allowed one day out, and were else to got but Soller?


The road from Sa Calobra

By the harbour in Port de Soller. Sadly the guide allowed us zero time here

Tram arriving at the interchange in Soller

Tourists were everywhere. The worst were the wannabe influencers

View from Mirador del Pujol de'n Banya

The modern narrow gauge line features in this public art at Inca station

Inca station

Goods shed from the old 3ft gauge line

Soller railway brakevan


The sheds at Soller





No comments:

Post a Comment