Friday 9 August 2024

Time for a skip

The last few years of my life seem to have involved a lot of skips and trips to the tip.

But this week three new 3D printed 7/8ths skips arrived from Rail Print UK.

I was after some cheap and cheerful wagons while I finish off the rest of the stock and build the new line. With one major caveat, I'm very pleased with them out of the box. The frames are great, but the printing of the skip bodies is like something from around eight years ago. So it is out with the filler, the sensing spray, and lots of sanding.






Meanwhile I'm still playing around with the track plan for the line itself, whilst Issy is busy in the garden. I'm slowly getting there. It is only ever going to be a shunting layout, after all 

A major development in the house has been getting brackets up on the wall. That means I can now showcase a few purchases awaiting layouts, give Gerralt Rd a home, and additionally put up a couple of Mosslanda shelves that will eventually house photo planks.



No comments:

Post a Comment