Thursday 1 November 2012

That Darned Coach

What should have been a very quick and simple project for an evening has ended up taking three and still isn't finished. It could have been if I hadn't messed around with paint schemes a couple of times though. The paint really doesn't bear close scrutiny. Having said that it has been a useful little job that has helped me start to get my eye and hand back in.


The roof and glazing aren't fixed yet, and I've got quite a bit of painting still to do. I'm hopeful that weathering will help as well.

If nothing else it proves how useful photography can be for those of us modelers with poor eyesight. I find it a lot easy to pick up on the flaws that need correcting when I'm working forma  photo that is bigger than life size.

No comments:

Post a Comment