Monday 19 December 2022

Trying it out for size.

 It is a long time since I dabbled in OOn3. So to get a feel for size I treated myself to a Shapeways purchase. Unfortunately, my wife mistook the opened box for rubbish so before I could come to any conclusion I have to go through the dustbin bags. Not nice, but it did take me back to the days when I would do that as part of my job. At least this time I wasn't trying to reassemble shredded computer printouts in search of frauds...

I think I found most of the parts.


It is a Blanc Misseron . How it is meant to have found its way to Shropshire will require some creative thinking. 

Thoughts on track plans are also developing, and I've identified a possible second site to be modelled. Trawling through old maps to select it has also thrown up a major surprise: An area I've always known as woodland was once watercress beds, and as we all know, watercress beds need an 18" gauge tramway to serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment