Tuesday 30 December 2014

Lcut Bridge

Xmas seems to be rather extended this year.

An unexpected present has just  arrived from Jakub at Lcut. In keeping with my hints about TAoC it is an overbridge based roughly on the ones to be found on the Fairford branch.

The first thing that struck me is just how many components are in the box considering  the price. In fact I couldn't find a sheet of paper big enough to put them all on to take a photo.

I've always taken their kits to be a starting point and this one in particular gives you a fair amount of freedom in how you put it together. The downside of that is it is possible to put it together in a way that might not meet with the full  approval of the Civil Engineer's department so I highly recommend making much use of photographic evidence.

Whilst a nice kit in its own right it has also made me realise how much I want to play around with their products as a scratch-building aid.

This has certainly given me the much needed impetus to push on with the replacement Apa module using my first attempt at EM gauge point building from, oh let me see, almost exactly a year ago. That in turn frees up my original Apa box for a tramway layout although the jury is still out on whether that will be in 7mm or 4mm scale.

On the subject of small suppliers I've also had excellent service this week from Alan at Quarryscapes this week, who produces 3d replacement parts for the 14XX. The more I look at photos of the real thing the more work I realise I need to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment