Wednesday 28 February 2024


Things are beginning to fall into place. Most of my 7/8ths stock is out of storage, which has reminded me that I can be quite a good modeller, at times.

I'm beginning to assemble some stock ready for the arrival of Gerald Road, helped by a visit to Trident Trains who were very good to deal with. Next up is fitting DG couplings to the stock.

The garden has been tidied up a bit. I'm disappointed with the state Teddy is in, so soon after a rebuild. It is something I'm going to have to address.

A bit of good news is that our carpenter thinks a space saver staircase is an option for access to the loft.

My thinking around layouts is still settling down I forsee a short period of building more micro-layouts , if only to display some stock. 

TAoC baseboards are now in the loft, and I still hanker after building it to show it could be done as Roy Link envisaged it. 

Meanwhile I've been out and about in London, which means I travelled from Stoke station for the first time in many years. The last time was after a visit to a client some 28 years ago, when our company booked me into the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

You could argue that it is a boring station these days, but I still rather like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment