Friday 16 February 2024

Now Breath

 




Or that was the week that was.

And what a week it has been. with the mortgage offer deadline dangerously close we exchanged and completed in two days, during which I had to demolish the entire ELR.

So here we are with a much bigger house, on the fringe of Stoke on Trent, and a much smaller garden.







Then, there is the model railway room in the attic. On the plus side, it is 22ft x 8ft. On the downside, it doesn't have standing headroom, and this is the access.


So, what are my plans?

I've sold two of the wagons from the ELR, and I'm desperate to get rid of the lifted 16mm rail to replace it with a portable line.

There are a lot of options for 7/8ths and 16mm lines in the garden, more than I realised when we viewed. I might even build some small dioramas in the less accessible places.

Indoors I'm torn. I've committed myself to n gauge by buying Gerald Road to reconfigure it as a new Tanat Valley-based line. 

Being so close to the Caldon Canal I'm keen to build an OO industrial line, with a Cromford and High Peak vibe. Also in OO I want to get the East Coast light railway out of my system. 




I still want to build a simple OO9 layout to use my Festiniog/Penhryn locos on, and simple is the keyword.

As predicted Flemish Quay suffered badly during the move, but nothing terminal.

Then there is the big project. What that will be will depend on how I come to terms with access to the loft.


2 comments:

  1. Wow...you must be so relieved! I've been looking at the blog periodically, at least in part to see how things were going though I haven't commented as I've not really known what to say. We've been getting the house and ourselves ready to move for quite a few months now, and while we're not in a particular hurry, the sluggish housing market is a bit of a pain. Well done on buying Gerald Road, I'm sure it'll make a good basis to turn into what you want. Good luck in your new home!
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relived doesn't start to cover it. We First "sold" back in September 22. It isn't what I would think of as my dream house, but I'm actually very happy with it. Lots of space, and the garden, though small, is interesting. It is also right on the edge of beautiful countryside despite being a suburban street.

    I'm using Gerald Road as a template as much as anything, to bring me up to to speed both with modern N gauge and modern point control

    ReplyDelete