Saturday 23 December 2023

The Future of Flemish Quay

It is many months since I last saw Flemish Quay. I dread to think what state it will be in when I get It out of storage.

It might be a case of starting again. That would not cause me any great problems. 

Or it might be a case of integrating it, in some form, with my other plans. 

Before catching the train to London, I took the chance to wander along the Welland near it's supposed location.

At the back of my mind was a vague idea of capturing images I could stitch into a back scene. Sadly I was in a hurry and also dodging traffic so I didn't apply the rigour that would require.

Having said that, the nature of Flemish Quay, with deliberately limited viewing angles, means I might get away with it. We will see. In the worst case, I can use the photos as a basis for something created from scratch.




The back of the old fire station





You might recognise this from the Hornby Old Forge model...




The remains of the Old Chain Bridge







No comments:

Post a Comment