Sunday 3 December 2023

Cheque Book Modelling Part 2




I'm supposed to be writing Xmas cards. It is a task Issy loves, and I hate. Not least because so many of my friends live in Wales and have addresses that go on forever.

 Yesterday was enlivened by the arrival of early Christmas presents, even if I bought them all for myself.

Quickly posing the Penhryn and FR locos on the Cadeby micro did make me yearn to return to OO9. And reminded me that focus stacking is easy, and I have no excuse for not using it. As you can see, I didn't use it.




                                    




I've mixed feelings about the OO gauge deliveries.

I really, really like the Rapido W&U coaches. Apart, that is, from the roof. The transverse detail is pretty proud of the roof on the prototype, but the longitudinal detail seems slightly odd. It might be that weathering will sort that out.





As for the Hattons GWR Genesis coaches. Well I know that when I ordered them a long time ago, I thought they would "do" for a stop gap to go with the one or two GWR liveried engines I have until I finished building more appropriate vehicles. But leaving the lack of historical accuracy to one side, there is something that just doesn't look right about the livery. It reminds me of litho printing on tinplate. I'm hoping that will be less obvious at normal viewing distances.






No comments:

Post a Comment