OK, so I underestimated the workload of producing the final draft whilst working across time zones stretching from India to the USA.
And a special call-out to my wonderful - and I mean that- editor, who seems to work on all her days off and at weekends. The book, or, in modern management parlance, the bok, is inching closer to publication before the last day of the month.
But I did get some things done.
The biggest thing is I managed to find a window to do some paint spraying.
So the Gubbins Box Caldon tramway loco in 120th scale and the Double M N gauge Peckett are both now in the first undercoat. Both are posed here on the 3D-printed chassis that came with the Caldon loco, but I have spare Tsugawa chassis ready to fit to both of them. Both are also posed on my Kato Circus modules. I really must order Kato wheels for the Caldon tramway wagons.
Being able to zoom in so much with a phone camera really helps identify the flaws that need fixing before the next stage, including on that pagoda shelter, which was a dirt-cheap purchase.
I would love to find a better chassis for the Peckett, if anyone has an idea for one?
As an aside, the 1/350 frigate model is progressing, though the catch is the total cost of possible enhancements relative to the cost of the base model. On top of which, some of the enhancements are only available in bulk, which means I have to build more models to justify buying them...
As for what to do with that Caldon Tramway loco - I've stripped my old OO9 layout of all the 4mm elements as a starting point.



No comments:
Post a Comment