Friday 31 May 2013

Oh Bother

You know it is going to be one of those days when you don't get to bed until the early hours because you've been chasing a deadline, and then you get woken up by the wife's poodles jumping on the bed and then having a little "accident" on it

Despite the deadline I was looking up some more photos of the Tanat Valley yesterday. The more I looked the more I realised the ballast I've used is just very very wrong. Although labelled light grey on the jar it is really very dark (mislabeled by Carrs?) and the granules aren't as small as I would like. The size is really noticeable when some gets stuck on a sleeper or on a rail.

No problems I thought, I've got some chinchilla dust in the shed - thanks to a recently deceased small rodent - so I'll lay that on top and problem solved.

Excerpt the dark ballast really shows through, and so far is proving rather resistant to my so far subtle attempts to lighten the colour. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to resort to a blast of Halfords grey primer, then spend ages re-weathering the sleepers and rail.

I would post a picture, but at the moment it is all rather too disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment