Friday 12 August 2022

A brief return to Flemish Quay

 It isn't looking good.




Installing and organising new shelves in the workshop has taken a lot of effort. It still isn't quite finished. Add on top of that a wife and dog with serious health problems, family events, a never quite under control garden and a love affair with a new camera and it is fair to say it has been neglected. 

But the biggest factor has been my dissatisfaction with the building on the left. . There are such a lot of things that I wish I had done differently. 

For now, I'm going to keep it, though changing a few things I simply know will always bug me, like the bargeboards. They are simply too short for a model clad in the thick brick sheet, and not a fault with the kit itself.

As an insurance policy I've bought a second one, so that if I do conclude it isn't worth saving I know I can still continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment