Monday 22 August 2022

Market Drayton

Ninety years ago last Thursday my mother was born in a rural cottage near the site of the battle of Blore Heath. I was born in the house she was brought up in. At the time it had no bathroom or electricity. Strangely it doesn't have a blue plaque on it yet, though it does now have a bathroom and electricity.


Anyway, the occasion meant a trip to see the extended family, including those in the nearby graveyard. And, for me, a chance to really try out the Leica Q2 Monochrom now I'm over the initial learning curve. One thing I'm clear on is I would rather work with the .DNG files than the very flat JPGs it produces.

The photos are around and about Drayton, Hales and Market Drayton Museum





















A quick update. Thanks to the power of social media I was able to identify two "mystery items" for the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment