Tuesday 9 October 2012

Making Life Complicated

As will be apparent as things progress I am inherently lazy and prefer to take the easy option if it is offered to me.  I also like the fundamentally simple approach, as will be obvious when you see my solution to the fiddle yard issue,

Yet sometimes I just can't help complicating things. For instance I'm planning to wire the layout for DCC operation, which on the surface is overkill but I have my reasons. I'm also planning on motorising operation of the turnouts. Oh, did I say turnouts in the plural, because I think up to now the plan has only involved one of them?

I haven't fully made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards adding a headshunt. It is bothering me that if I don't put a headshunt in then there should be a catchpoint instead, and one of those isn't available in the track range I'm using. In the highly unlikely scenario where the layout ends up on public display a headshunt would also be a useful adjunct to improve operation, or simply somewhere to leave a loco or wagon out for the punters to count the rivets.

No comments:

Post a Comment